Welcome to my website.
My clients say that they improve their results when they improve their communication skills – this is what I help them to do. To find out more, or to see examples of my work, please navigate through the menu. This short video outlines some of what I do in ghostwriting:
My work ranges from thought leadership and report writing to digital content, ghostwriting and speechwriting. I have also been retained by a prominent public figure to ghostwrite their autobiography to be published in 2018. My clients include: the European best friends of Slaughter and May, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Bird & Bird, Hogan Lovells, Sullivan & Cromwell, and J.P. Morgan. IT companies servicing the international legal market also retain me to write reports, including Fulcrum Global Technologies: The Top 20 Legal Innovators, and Enable Business Solutions.
I contribute to the Times, Sunday Times, Legal Business, Legal Week, Legal IT Insider, Telegraph and Guardian. Typical of my reports are those written for LWI, part of American Lawyer Media: Best Legal Employers, Best Legal Advisers, Best Legal Technology. My books, Heads Up and No Ordinary Man, were serialised by the Times and the Daily Mail. I also speak at conferences and chair panel discussions.
I have recently written market profiles for Legal Business: the Euro Elite: the best independent law firms in Europe, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Central & Eastern Europe, Iberia, Africa, Offshore – the aftermath of Brexit, and Offshore – the impact of the Panama Papers. Law firms periodically use my reports and articles to promote their expertise: * Legal Week Intelligence: Keystone Law; * The Times: Bindmans; * Legal Week: Mishcon de Reya in London, Cuatrecasas in Spain, and Vieira de Almeida in Portugal; * Legal Business: BCCC in Switzerland.
* I judged the Legal Week Innovation Awards
* I spoke at the Law Firm Marketing Summit, presenting the findings of a report which I wrote examining how law firms can benefit when pitching for new business
* I chaired a legal Question Time at Legal Week CONNECT with the following panellists: Sir William Blair, formerly Judge in Charge of the Commercial Court; Mr Justice Knowles CBE; James Libson, Head of Private, Mishcon de Reya; Corey Stoughton, Advocacy Director, Liberty
* I attended and produced a report for RBC on the International Private Client Forum,, held at at Villa d’Este, Cernobbio, Lake Como, Italy.
I have been interviewed on: BBC1 News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, Sky News, BBC Daily Politics, BBC Sunday Politics, Newsnight, R4 Today, R5 Live, and LBC. Among others, I have been interviewed by Michael Crick, John Humphrys and Andrew Neil. I have also contributed to several BBC, ITV and Channel 4 documentaries. As an example, I am interviewed here in a BBC R4 programme about Lord Leveson. Below is my interview with Kroll about cybersecurity:
WHAT OTHERS SAY
* Susan Bright, Regional Managing Partner UK & Africa, Hogan Lovells: “I have worked with Dominic on a number of thought leadership projects. He is well connected and has an impressive insight into the key issues impacting law firms and in-house lawyers. He has good instincts about what will grab the attention of clients and the media.”
* Jon Bowd, Managing Editor, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer: “Dominic is talented, diligent and versatile. He has generated significant amounts of original content for high-profile internal projects. Dominic has proved his ability to grasp quickly the issues affecting sectors as diverse as private equity and low-carbon power, and countries including Brazil and Turkey. He has delivered work to a very high standard and to tight deadlines, and has proved an excellent interviewer.”
* Georgina Stanley, Editor, Legal Week: “Dominic is one of the best legal journalists around. He has an extensive understanding of the international commercial legal market – both law firms and the Bar – and a strong contact base across some of the largest law firms in the world. His interviewing skills mean he is able to extract insightful quotes that make his writing both informative and engaging. His writing is always clear and concise but he is also able to look beyond the facts to add the colour and human interest aspects.’
* Ross Webber, CEO, Bermuda Development Authority: “Dominic presented a very well researched, amusing and hard-hitting analysis of the way the “offshore” world and private wealth management is perceived and reported on in the UK. The depth, honesty and insight of his presentation were educational and enjoyable. This, coupled with his overall marshalling and summarising of the Legal Week Offshore Investment Forum, made it a pleasure to both be a presenter and participant.”
FIND OUT MORE
To read more about my background, click on Biography
To see what some of my other clients say, browse through Testimonials
For examples of my work, including recent reports, just download any of the 60 pdfs from Articles & Books
To get a better idea of how I might help your firm, take a look at Writing Services
If you would like help on a specific project, or if you have a general enquiry, please get in touch
Thank you for visiting my site. You can follow me on Twitter: @CarmanDominic