Welcome to my website.
My clients say that they improve their results when they improve their communication skills – this is what I help them to do. If you would like to find out more about what I can do for you or to see examples of my work, please navigate through the menu.
In executing bespoke projects for international law firms and investment banks, my work ranges from thought leadership and report writing to digital content, ghostwriting and speechwriting. My clients include: the European best friends of Slaughter and May, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Hogan Lovells, Sullivan & Cromwell, J.P. Morgan, and leading independent law firms in Europe. IT companies servicing the international legal market have increasingly retained me to write reports, including Fulcrum Global Technologies: The Top 20 Legal Innovators, and Enable Business Solutions.
This short video outlines some of what I do in ghostwriting:
As a journalist, I contribute to the Times, Sunday Times, Legal Business, Legal Week, Telegraph, Guardian, Observer, Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday. Typical of my reports are those written for LWI, part of American Lawyer Media: Best Legal Employers, Best Legal Advisers, Best Legal Technology. My books, Heads Up and No Ordinary Man, were serialised by the Times and the Daily Mail, with my next book scheduled for publication in Autumn 2018. I also speak occasionally at conferences in the UK and Europe as well as chairing panel discussions.
Law firms have periodically used my reports and articles to promote their expertise:
* from Legal Week Intelligence: Keystone Law;
* from the Times: Bindmans;
* from Legal Week: Mishcon de Reya in London, Cuatrecasas in Spain, and Vieira de Almeida in Portugal;
* and from Legal Business: BCCC in Switzerland.
In 2016/17, I researched and wrote a series of analytical market profiles for Legal Business: the Euro Elite: the best independent law firms in Europe, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Central & Eastern Europe, Iberia, Africa, Offshore – the aftermath of Brexit, and Offshore – the impact of the Panama Papers. I was also appointed as a judge for the Legal Week Innovation Awards 2017 alongside Jeremy Barton, General Counsel, KPMG; Peter Crisp, Dean and CEO, BBP University Law School; Dame Janet Gaymer, Non-Executive member, House of Commons Commission; and Tony Williams, Principal, Jomati Consultants and formerly managing partner of Clifford Chance.
I have done a fair amount of live TV and radio interviews: BBC1 News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, Sky News, BBC Daily Politics, BBC Sunday Politics, Newsnight, R4 Today, R5 Live, LBC, and assorted local radio stations. In addition, I have contributed to various BBC, ITV and Channel 4 documentaries. Among others, I have been interviewed by Michael Crick, John Humphrys and Andrew Neil.
As examples, I am interviewed here in a BBC R4 programme about Lord Leveson and below in a Channel 4 Dispatches programme about the UK Coalition government.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
* Susan Bright, Regional Managing Partner UK & Africa, Hogan Lovells: “I have worked with Dominic on a number of thought leadership projects. He is well connected and has an impressive insight into the key issues impacting law firms and in-house lawyers. He has good instincts about what will grab the attention of clients and the media.”
* Jon Bowd, Managing Editor, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer: “Dominic is talented, diligent and versatile. He has generated significant amounts of original content for high-profile internal projects. Dominic has proved his ability to grasp quickly the issues affecting sectors as diverse as private equity and low-carbon power, and countries including Brazil and Turkey. He has delivered work to a very high standard and to tight deadlines, and has proved an excellent interviewer.”
* Georgina Stanley, Editor, Legal Week: “Dominic is one of the best legal journalists around. He has an extensive understanding of the international commercial legal market – both law firms and the Bar – and a strong contact base across some of the largest law firms in the world. His interviewing skills mean he is able to extract insightful quotes that make his writing both informative and engaging. His writing is always clear and concise but he is also able to look beyond the facts to add the colour and human interest aspects.’
* Ross Webber, CEO, Bermuda Development Authority: “Dominic presented a very well researched, amusing and hard-hitting analysis of the way the “offshore” world and private wealth management is perceived and reported on in the UK. The depth, honesty and insight of his presentation were educational and enjoyable. This, coupled with his overall marshalling and summarising of the Legal Week Offshore Investment Forum, made it a pleasure to both be a presenter and participant.”
FIND OUT MORE
To read more about my background, click on Biography
To see what some of my other clients say, browse through Testimonials
For examples of my work, just download any of the 50 pdfs from Articles & Books
To get a better idea of how I might help your firm, take a look at Writing Services
If you would like help on a specific project, or if you have a general enquiry, please get in touch
Thank you for visiting my site. You can follow me on Twitter: @CarmanDominic